Translate

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A PRAYER AND A POEM FOR THE ROAD

.

May I love this day and all that it brings
The dust, stones or mud beneath my feet
The air I breathe, food I eat, water I drink

May I open my heart to mysteries along the way
Greet fellow pilgrims with welcome and grace
Move lightly and simply through the day

May I give thanks for the Earth, our fragile home
For all my relations who have gone before me
And for all who will follow ... I am not alone

May the spirit and blessing of the One who is love -
Holy One among us, all around us, and within us -
Be with me today, and surround me with love
*
Diane Ransom
A prayer she composed for a pilgrimage in Spain
to the shrine in Compostela on the ancient
Camino de Santiago.
. .
We are pilgrims on a journey,
We are travelers on the road;
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load.

I will weep when you are weeping;
When you laugh I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow
'Til we've seen this journey through.
*
Richard Gillard
.
.

.

No comments: