Translate

Monday, August 30, 2010

PHILOSOPHY 101

.




Philosophy asks the simple question:
What is it all about.
*
Alfred North Whitehead
.
The philosopher has to be the
bad conscience of his age.
*
Fredrich Nietzsche
.
Any two philosophers can tell each other
all they know in two hours.
*
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
.
I have tried too in my time to be
a philosopher; but I don't know how,
cheerfulness was always breaking in.
*
Oliver Edwards
.
When he who hears does not know what
he who speaks means, and when he who speaks
does not know what he himself means,
that is philosophy.
*
Voltaire
.
Philisophy, rightly defined, is simply the
love of wisdom.
*
Cicero
.
Philosophy is the stray camel of the faithful;
take hold of it wherever ye come across it.
*
Muhammad
.
I doubt, therefore I think;
I think, therefore I am.
*
Descartes
.
.

No comments: