Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

PSALM 40 - DELIVER ME, O LORD

.
.
he stooped to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me up out of the desolate pit,
out of the mire and clay;
.
.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God;
many shall see and stand in awe,
and put their trust in the LORD.
Happy are they who trust in the LORD!
they do not resort to evil spirits
or turn to false gods.
.
.
Great things are they that you have done,
O LORD, my God!
how great your wonders and your plans for us!
there is none who can be compared with you.
.
.
Oh, that I could make them know
and tell them!
but there are more than I can count.
.
In sacrifice and offering you take no pleasure
(you have given me ears to hear you);
.
Burnt-offering and sin-offering you
have not required,
and so I said, "Behold, I come.
.
In the roll of the book it is written
concerning me:
'I love to do your will, O my God;
your law is deep in my heart.'"
.
.
Your righteousness have I not hidden
in my heart;
I have spoken of your faithfulness and
your deliverance;
I have not concealed your love and
faithfulness from the great congregation.
.
You are the LORD;
do not withhold your compassion from me;
let your love and your faithfulness
keep me safe for ever,
.
For innumerable troubles have crowded
upon me; 
 my sins have overtaken me and I cannot see;
they are more in number than the
hairs of my head,
and my heart fails me.
.
.
Let them be ashamed and altogether dismayed
who seek after my life to detsroy it;
let them draw back and be disgraced
who take pleasure in my misfortune.
.
Let those who say "Aha!" and gloat over me
be confounded,
because they are ashamed.
.
.
Though I am poor and afflicted,
the Lord will have regard for me.
.
You are my helper and my deliverer;
do not tarry, O my God.
.
.
.
.

No comments: