Translate

Friday, September 25, 2009

THE YOGA OF THE CROSS

.






x
From the New Testament:
Jesus proclaimed aloud: 'Whoever believes
in me is actually believing not in me but in Him
who sent me. And whoever sees me is seeing
Him who sent me. As Light have I come
into the world so that no one who believes in me
need remain in darkness.
If anyone hears my words, and does not
keep them, I am not the one to condemn him;
for I did not come to condemn the world
but to save it. Whoever rejects me and
does not accept my words already
has his judge, namely, the word
that I have spoken - that is what will
condemn him on the last day, because
it was not on my own that I spoke.
No, the Father who sent me has Himself
commanded me what to say and
how to speak, and I know that his
commandment is Eternal Life.
So when I speak, I speak
just as the Father told me.'
x
John (12:44-50)
x
As far as Jesus Christ is concerned,
the right preparation consists in dying
to one's self will, and in denying oneself,
so that one could obey the will of God.
His yoga consists of this; and of this
the cross is the supreme symbol.
Whether or not it corresponds to any
actual method of killing Jesus, the enormous
psychological and spiritual significance
of the cross cannot be exaggerated.
x
Every moment, whenever a man is present
to it, he is at a crossing;
at this point of crossing he chooses whether
to remain in the horizontal plane of the world
or to be yoked to the way of the Christ
and follow the vertical axis of being.
x
From CHRIST THE YOGI - A Hindu Reflection
on The Gospel of John, by Ravi Ravindra
x

No comments: