Translate

Saturday, May 14, 2011

GREEK ORTHODOX MORNING CHANT TO THE TRINITY

.
.
This is a Greek chant to the Trinity that I found
 on Youtube - I doubt that it's the morning chant
that we have here in text, one that I found
 in a prayerbook, but we're after the overall
effect here, not the minute details.
.

.
.
Troparia to the Holy Trinity
.
Having arisen from sleep,
 we fall down before thee, O Blessed One,
 and sing to thee, O Mighty One, the Angelic Hymn:
 Holy, holy, holy art thou, O God.
 Through the Theotokos [Mary, Jesus' mother]
 have mercy on us. 
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen
.
.
From my bed and sleep Thou hast raised me:
 O Lord, enlighten my mind and my heart, and open
 my lips that I may praise thee, O Holy Trinity:
Holy, holy, holy art thou, O God.
Through the Theotokos have mercy on us.
Both now and ever, and unto ages of ages. 
.
.

.
Suddenly the Judge shall come,
 and the deeds of each shall be revealed:
but with fear we cry out in the middle of the night:
 Holy, holy, holy art thou, O God.
 Through the Theotokos have mercy on us.
.
Lord, have mercy. (12 times)
.
.

No comments: